Monday 8 June 2009

The Idiocy of Barack Obama


For the past week, I have been on holiday in Spain (formerly known, but blessedly no longer, as Al-Andalus), and so have not been available to post. If I had been, I most certainly would have commented on President Obama's recent speech in Cairo to the Muslim world. Had I been around at the time, I almost certainly would have written a point by point analysis of the speech. However, in my absence, must-read analyses have been published by Robert Spencer and Andrew Bostom, and I recommend both of them be read...twice. Suffice it to say that, as these deconstructions adequately demonstrate, Obama's speech was full of factual errors, illogic, meaningless platitudes, unforgivable naivety, and downright stupidity. And what's sad is that he's really no worse than George W. Bush was when it came to confronting the harsh realities of Islam.

Also while I was away, Obama made one of the most stupid statements I have ever heard from a Western leader (exempting Dubya's tongue-tied inanities). Speaking about the then-upcoming speech in an interview on June 1st, he made the utterly ludicrous claim that "if you actually took the number of Muslims Americans, we'd be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world." How America, with its 2.4 million Muslims (or somewhere between 6 or 7 million at the most, if you listen to the inflated figures of American Muslim advocacy groups), can be one of the largest Muslim nations in the world, when there are numerous countries that have Muslim populations of over 100 million, eludes me, and what is telling is that no one in the left-wing media has picked up on this "Obamaism".

No comments:

Post a Comment